Monday 9 April 2018

SNK Heroines: Shermie Reveal


Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome once again, as we talk a little about the upcoming fighting game, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy; and it really will be a little, because the trailer they recently released was only about a minute long.




Copyright © SNK
Anyway, SNK recently announced that the latest participant in its all-female fighting game would be Shermie! Now Shermie appears to be a grappling type character, with a fair amount of athleticism thrown in for good measure. She even has moves where she grapples her opponents in the air, which I know is fairly common, but I still think is pretty cool.

All of this is great, because with this being an entirely female affair, I was wondering whether they would include a character with a heavier style of fighting. Don't get me wring, female grapplers aren't exactly unheard of, but it was still a concern of mine.
Copyright © SNK

Shermie is also a quasi-villainous character, one of those who has villainous motives, but is just a bit to silly to be properly intimidating. This is reflected in her design, like with the way her hair covers her eyes; it conceals her eyes, which is a way to make a character appear intimidating, but at the same time it's a little daft looking, which takes the edge off. In fact, her entire appearance is great, and combined with her personality, makes her a weird and wonderful character.

Really this extends to the entire game, and I really appreciate the overall style. I like how bright and colourful it all is, and how it utterly refuses to take itself seriously. Games like this always feel like a breath of fresh air.

As previously stated, I am partial towards female characters, so this game quickly caught my interest when it was first announced. However, I am aware of the Japanese announcement trailer, and the way it advertised the characters, which did dampen my enthusiasm a little. However, I am willing to wait until we see more, in order to estimate how deeply this angle penetrates the game as a whole.

Copyright © SNK
One more piece of news of course, was the announcement of a release date: 7th September 2018. Now, I have no idea whether this is a world wide release date, or whether it pertains to Japan only. However, it does give us a date for when we should finally get a look at the game as a complete product. So I'll be noting it down in my diary.

Well, that's all I have for now, so I guess this is where I sign off.


Until next time ladies and gentlemen, take care of yourselves!

PhoenixAct

No comments:

Post a Comment